Jo Ellen Morgan
The members of the Experimental Nuclear & Particle Physics Group are involved in
various experiments, both in the US and abroad, which explore the nature of the fundamental building blocks of the universe
and seek to measure their properties as precisely, and accurately as possible.
Students working with groups involved in experiments abroad often
spend extended periods of time away from Blacksburg in Italy (Borexino), China (Daya Bay), or Japan (Belle).
We are currently members of the following collaborations. Please follow the links for the details of each experiment.
Graduate students interested in joining any group should talk to the faculty member involved as early as possible after
the start of their graduate studies.
Neutrino Science Experiments
- Borexino - @Gran Sasso National Lab, Italy
- Daya Bay - Guangdong Province, China
- LENS - Blacksburg, Virginia
- LBNE (coming soon)
- MiniBooNE - @Fermilab, Illinois
Nuclear Physics Experiments
- UCNA - @Los Alamos National Lab, New Mexico
- MOLLER - @Jefferson Lab, Newport News, Virginia (coming soon)
- Qweak - @Jefferson Lab, Newport News, Virginia
- G-zero - @Jefferson Lab, Newport News, Virginia
- PIENU - @TRIUMF, Vancouver, Canada
- LEGS - @Brookhaven National Lab, New York
- CLAS - @Jefferson Lab, Newport News, Virginia
Particle Physics Experiments