Mini A-base (B2.5, C2.5)
45 cm rod (A1)
Pendulum clamp (B1.7, C1.7)
Trapeze wire (D2.3)
- Galvanometer (D2.3)
- Bar magnets pair (1 for each student) (D2.4)
- Large solenoid (B5.2, C4.2)
- Loop of orange wire, ~10 turns (D2.4)
- Three small compasses (D2.3)
- Horseshoe magnet (B4.2, C3.2)
- Telegraph switch (D2.1)
- 0-12 volt variable power supply (B5.1, C4.1) with power cord (D7.H)
General Class Use:
- CENCO E/M apparatus (one per room) (E2.2)
Transition Notes: (Summer Only)
- Leave out 2 of the alligator cables, but put everything else away.
- Save 11x17 which isn't too damaged for future use, but recycle any that are torn or drawn on.
- Coil up the capacitance leads before putting them away.
Notes and tests:
- Setup the E/M apparatus in a dark closet for better viewing. Use power strips so it can be turned on/off with a switch.
- Test power supplies and galvanometers.
- Remagnetize the horseshoes, bar magnets, and compasses if necessary.