- Galvanometer (D4.3)
- Magnetic Fields Kit: (in red bin) (D3.7, D3.8)
Three small compasses (D2.1)
Horseshoe magnet (D3.7)
Telegraph switch (D4.2)
0-11 volt variable power supply (D4.4)
36cm threaded rod screwed into table (A2.5)
Pendulum clamp (A2.6)
- Bar magnets (1 for each student)
- Loop of orange wire, 10 turns
- Trapeze wire
General Class Use:
Masking tape for marking N end of magnet
Battery for checking polarity of galvanometer
Notes and tests:
- CENCO E/M apparatus (one per room) (A4.3)
- Setup the E/M apparatus in a dark closet for better viewing. Use power strips so it can be turned on/off with a switch.
- Test power supplies and galvanometers.
- Remagnetize the horseshoes, bar magnets, and compasses if necessary.