- Put away the motion detector (C1.1), collision cart (C2.1) and the fan cart accessory (C2.3). Leave out everything else from Lab 2.
- Pasco 750 Lab interface with the following sensors:
- Pasco 2.2 m track (T2) (elevation clamp on 45 cm rod (A1), small Universal clamp (C20.4) to table)
- RMS pulley system: (See the set up notes for instructions on how to assemble)
- Pasco RMS
- 90 cm rod (A1)
- Large universal clamp (C20.4)
- Smart pulley on 15 cm rod (C10.2)
- 2 Right angle clamps (C10.3)
- String (approximately 2.5 meters long before the loops are tied in the ends, Izorline) (A1)
- 5 Rubber bands (3 ” x 1/8”, #32 size) (TA)
- Mass set (1-10, 2-20, 2-50,1-100,2-200,1-500 gram) (C10.1)
- 50g mass holder (C10.2)
- 5g mass holder (C10.2)
- Electronic balance (A3.3) (attached to lab table shelf)
Notes and tests:
- Start the test file “2305_Lab03_RTP3_test1.ds” in the 2305 Lab3 Test files. Put a weight on the hanger and let the cart go from rest. Make sure the graphs reads position and Force correctly.
- The track should be set up so that the measuring tape is toward the front of the table. The track should be set back from the front of the table about half the width of the table.
- The elevation clamp should be on the left side of the table.
- The RMS Pulley system should be mounted on the right side of the table. When done correctly the pulley should be directly in the middle of the track. Move the pulley to a height such that the string runs level with the cart.
- No friction pads are used in this lab.