Director of the Center for Neutrino Physics
Associate Professor in the Department of Physics
at Virginia Tech
Center for Neutrino Physics
Department of Physics (0435)
Virginia Polytechnic Insitiute and State University
Blacksburg, VA 24061
tel.: (540)231-5321   fax: (540)231-7511
Research Focus: Experimental particle physics with an emphasis on neutrino interactions
and neutrino oscillations.
Collaborations and Experiments
Professional Organizations and Activities
- Source Oscillation experiment at BoreXino (SOX) (active since 2012)
- Long Baseline Neutrino Experiemnt (LBNE) (active since 2009)
- Daya Bay Reactor neutrino experiment in Daya Bay China (active since 2006) (VT group) (Main Daya Bay Site)
- LENS Low Energy Neutrino Spectroscopy (active since 2006)
- Including LENS-Sterile
- Braidwood Reactor neutrino experiment at the Braidwood reactor in Illinois (2004-2006)
- MiniBooNE Short Baseline Neutrino Oscillations to test LSND (active since 2001)
- FOCUS Photoproduction of Charmed particles (1995-2001+)
- H1 High energy proton electron scattering experiment at DESY (1993-1995)
- F.P. An et al., "Observation of Electron Antineutrino Disappearance at Daya Bay," Phys.Rev.Lett. 108, 171803, 2012.
- Sanjib K. Agarwalla, Patrick Huber, Jonathan M. Link, Debabrata Mohapatra, "A new approach to
anti-neutrino running in long baseline neutrino oscillation experiments," JHEP 1104, 099, 2011.
- Sanjib K. Agarwalla, Patrick Huber, and Jonathan M. Link, "Constraining sterile neutrinos with a low energy beta-beam," JHEP 1001:071,2010.
- A.A. Aguilar-Arevalo, et al., "First Observation of Coherent Production in Neutrino Nucleus Interactions
with Eν < 2 GeV."
Lett. B664, 41-46, 2008.
- I. Chemakin, et al., "Pion production by protons on a thin beryllium target at 6.4 GeV/c, 12.3-GeV/c, and 17.5-GeV/c incident proton
momenta." Phys. Rev. C
77, 015209, 2008.
- A.A. Aguilar-Arevalo, et al., "A Search for electron neutrino appearance at the eV2 scale."
Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 231801
2007. (Press Release)
- C. Grieb, J.M. Link and R.S. Raghavan, "Probing Active to Sterile Neutrino Oscillations in the LENS Detector," Phys. Rev. D 75,
- J. M. Conrad, J. M. Link and M. H. Shaevitz, "Precision Measurement of sin2 θW at a Reactor," Phys. Rev. D
71, 073013, 2005.
- J. M. Link, et al., "Study of the Decay ,"
Phys. Rev. Lett. 86, 2955, 2001
- S. Aid, et al., "Elastic Electroproduction of &rho0 and J/ψ Mesons at large Q2 at HERA," Nucl.Phys.B468:3-36, 1996.
Complete List of Particle Physics Papers from inSPIRE
Questions? Comments? Contact