- Optical properties of solids/
- Pressure effects
- Percolation theory
- Amorphous solids
- Layered (2d-network) crystals
- Cell patterns in morphogenesis
- Luminescence and the Hound of the Baskervilles
- "Jan Tauc, a biographical memoir of the National Academy of Sciences", M. Cardona,
S. Nagel, R. Zallen, and K. Zaveta, NAS (2011).
- "Optical Studies of Nanophase Titania", R.J. Gonzalez and R. Zallen, in Amorphous insulators and Semiconductors, edited by M.F.
Thorpe and M. Mitkova (Kluwer Academic Publishers, Dordrecht, 1997), p. 395.
- "The Optical Properties, Electronic Structure, and Photoconductivity of Arsenic Chalcogenide Layer
Crystals", R. Zallen and D.F. Blossey, in Optical and Electrical Properties of Compounds with Layered Structures, edited by
P. A. Lee. (Reidel publishers, Dordrecht, 1976), pp. 231-272.
- "Fundamental Absorption Edge of Trigonal HgS", R. Zallen,
in II-VI Semiconducting Compounds, edited by D. G. Thomas (W. A. Benjamin Inc., New York, 1967), p. 877.
- "The Effect of Pressure on Optical Properties of the Noble Metals",
R. Zallen, in Optical Properties and Electronic Structure of Metals and Alloys, edited by F. Abeles
(North-Holland, Amsterdam, 1966), p. 164.
For a PDF list of other publications, click here.