Prior to Travel
· Complete Travel Authorization Form and turn in to your Administrative Assistant at least 30 days prior to day of travel: (Signatures on this form are not required. Approvals are done electronically once the information is entered into the Banner Travel & Expense Management System)
· If traveling internationally travel insurance (CISI) must be purchased
· Remember if you are planning to drive check with Fleet Services for availability.
· If renting a vehicle there are several charges that are NOT allowable:
o Liability Insurance (liability insurance may be purchased if renting a car internationally)
o Roadside Assistance
o Refueling charges
· When booking your accommodations you should check the per diem rates.
· Purchases that your Administrative Assistant may complete are:
o CISI insurance
o Conference Fees
· If you have any questions regarding travel, you can visit Travel on the Virginia Tech Controller website.