About Robeson Hall
Robeson Hall has been the home of the Physics Department since 1960. Dedicated on June 7, 1969, the building was named in honor of Dr. Frank Leigh Robeson who served as Department Head from 1918 to 1954. He was the first doctorate level physicist at Virginia Tech, and was the author of a widely adopted physics textbook in the 1940's. A copy of Dr. Robeson's textbook is on display in Hahn Hall North Wing.